So, our ward meets at 9:00 AM.
Needless to say we are barley on time every week.
I guess I had this dream Mother's day planned in my head
(remember 3 kids, one spouse, & church @ 9:00 AM)
I thought that I would be given ample time to maybe take a bath, do my hair, get dressed., & maybe even have breakfast ( this never happens on Sunday morning).
So what happens. I have barley enough time to get wet in the shower while being harassed by Liam, then get the boys clothes ready, etc etc etc.
We get to church ( all of us clean, this does not always happen) on time, sit down, and I realize I had NO BREAKFAST, argh.
Oh well then it hits me, Jaxson is now in Primary he is going to sing to me today.
My eyes well up with tears I am so excited.
After speaker and songs it is finally time, we look at Jaxson and say its time for you to go sing with the primary.
His response " I am not going to sing, I don't even know the songs".
Then his primary teacher tries, he proceeds to hide under the pew.
I can feel my blood boiling inside of me, I am thinking don't you love me, don't you know how long I have waited for this, don't you know that you need to do this to fullfill my needs.
Well he didn't go, then at the very end of the meeting the second counselor gives him another chance, surley he will go this time.
His response " I am not going, and I think I am not going to primary either
I would like to go home".
Well, I was not going to drag him kicking and screaming up to the podium to sing to me, but I have no issues with draging him kicking and screaming to primary. To make a long story short, he did not sing to me, but he did go to primary.
I guess you can't win them all.
After church the boyz presented me with the presents they had choosen especially for me from the dollar store:
One bar of deoderant
One package of mini kleenex
One body spray ( smelless)
One scented candle ( unscented)
One carebear lip balm
One package of antacids ( think they have had a pregnant Mom??)
One black heartshaped purse
and
Two makeup brushes
I must say these are the best Mother's Day presents in my history of being a Mother. I love how my boyz actually picked them out. I opened the presents, then Jaxson decides he would like me to try them, ALL.
I proceed to use deoderant, blow my nose, spray my body, light the candle, use the lip balm, eat a tums, carry the purse, and put on blush.
I must say it was really fun watching Jaxson, watch me enjoy his gifts. We took a great long nap ALL of us, rarley happens.
After which we went to my Mothers house and had a very nice very relaxed dinner. I don't understand why some Mothers don't like Mothers Day.
know that I am not a perfect Mother, I also know my kids & spouse aren't perfect , but put all of our inperfections together and the day is magic.
I loved all the funny stories we will treasure forever, if everything ran smooth it might be a little boring.
Well, maybe next year I will have someone sing to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment