Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Montessori Style

“Let us start with one very simple reflection: the child, unlike the adult, is not on his way to death. He is on his way to life. His work is to fashion a man in the fullness of his strength.”
Maria Montessori, The Absorbent Mind




So, I think I finally have things running smoothly

Here Liam is mopping the floor, I didn't even ask

he decided that after Jaxson finished (who I didn't ask to do it either)he would give it a shot

“So the whole life of the child is an advance toward perfection, toward a greater completeness. From this we may infer that the child will enjoy doing the work needed to complete himself.”
Maria Montessori, The Absorbent Mind





“More important than technique is the acquisition of a special personality suited to work. This makes it a man’s own ideal. It becomes his goal in life.”
Maria Montessori, The Absorbent Mind

( I bought a mop and broom from the dollar store then cut off some of the length, and there it is in action)

The attitude that children thrive upon is one that communicates, (“ You’re basically a lovable, capable person.”)”
How To Talk So Kids Will Listen & Listen So Kids Will Talk


Genuine happiness comes as a direct result of one own self sufficiency



The kids usually help me fold and put the clothes away, this time I got the basket out & went to check on Eme in the bath and I came back to it almost complete !! Amazing!!



“Nature always sees to it that the child is protected. He is born of love and love is his natural origin.”



Maria Montessori, The Absorbent Mind



When I went to check on Eme in the bath who had been crying ( she wanted to play/ not bathe) this is what I found



Liam has been doing this for the last couple weeks. He gets a collection of books and reads to her while she bathes.
SO CUTE!!

Craft Time




I got tired of trying to explain how close Halloween was so



the boyz made chains today



Hopefully this will hold them for one more week!!






“It cannot be forced; it must be won. Proper behavior must be stimulated, not demanded.”
Children the Challenge




Some days are just good, others maybe not


Today is one of the good ones







We went on to do phonograms, reading, journals, writing (Jaxson & Liam)

and Eme, well she learned to clean up after herself

the mess the clean-up

yes, those are little elastics

She decided to get into the hair stuff instead of morning nap, WOW




The passage from nothing to the complex body of the fully grown individual is one of the constant miracles of life. If we are not struck by the greatness of this miracle, it can only be for one reason, that it occurs so often under our eyes in the experience of everyday life.”
The Absorbent Mind
J.S. Huxley, The Stream of Life

1 comment:

  1. Your kids are so amazing, Sarah. Eme, picking up after herself! The boys doing laundry and reading to their little sister. You two are definitely doing something right and are incredible parents.

    ReplyDelete