We watched
THE SOUND OF MUSIC
last night with my Mother , Father, & Brothers
My mother and I used to watch musicals ALL the time
we loved the dancing, singing, and of course we always sang along.
So, last night because it was our last normal Sunday before we leave ( next Sunday Chaucer will be blessed)
My mother and I decided we should watch a musical, needless to say the 8 boyz in the home didn't really agree with the movie selection. Mom and I decided it was about time we put our foot down & give the men some culturing ( that really isn't a word, but it just worked).
the movie begins
You all know how it starts views of the alps and little Austrian towns building up to the moment when Julie Andrews pierces the silence with her magnificent voice.......
THE HILLS ARE ALIVE WITH THE SOUND OF MUSIC
well the boyz had to make fun, of course
The women were not to be deterred we watched the entire movie ( and made them watch too) and sung every song as loud as we could, even Emeline was dancing and singing.
I made a mental note of some of the comments from the MEN
so without further adieu
me "you guys will like it better once she gets to the house"
Jonathon eagerly "does she shoot someone there"
each boy at a different time in the movie " WOW this is so suspenseful"
I had a great time, my mother and I still knew all the words to every song.
These Sunday nights will be missed
**note from the move crazed author**
I haven't read the book by Maria but it is on my list
Because of the setting of the movie I wanted to share one of my favorite books
Mans Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl
he was Nazi prison camp survivor and the book is more than BRILLIANT
MUST READ


What a fun night! I agree both good stories. We will miss the family gathering next week but know we wish we could be there. I am glad we made it to one of your baby blessings. I am glad we have this now to keep in touch and see everyone growing up.
ReplyDeleteSarah-
ReplyDeleteSo Kari gave me this book exchange thing for Aubri, and I thought it was a way cute idea! So, I was wondering if you wanted in on it. Basically what you do is send one book to a child and add you kids name to the list, send the letter to 6 of your friends/family and eventually you get about 36 books in return....I have the letter that better explains it...You want in?? let me know!
Love ya! Natalie
P.S.
I need you phone number.
Sarah-
ReplyDeleteSo Kari gave me this book exchange thing for Aubri, and I thought it was a way cute idea! So, I was wondering if you wanted in on it. Basically what you do is send one book to a child and add you kids name to the list, send the letter to 6 of your friends/family and eventually you get about 36 books in return....I have the letter that better explains it...You want in?? let me know!
Love ya! Natalie
P.S.
I need you phone number.
Hi Sarah, this is Eirene Henderson, (from the Montessori days, you know.) I found your blog through Brianna. Your little fellow is so handsome! Congratulations! And I love his name! So perfect. Actually, we're expecting a little boy ourselves. I'm not kidding. He's due in August, and so... my kids will be 15 months apart. Yay! I can't wait, and yet... must. Anyway, it was good to see you and your kids, and see how you're doing.
ReplyDelete