Today, as some of you know is not only Mothers Day but my Birthday as well.
I was met this morning with lots of fun dollar store presents & A BIKE !!
HOORAY
I spent all day yesterday looking for bike trails & hoping a bike might come my way!
THANK YOU Angelo & my mother for granting my wish
Now I would like to touch on a subject that has confused me for as long as I have been a mother. On my first Mothers Day as a mother I heard one of the women I admire comment that she like most MOTHERs hated mothers day.
I was as I am now utterly bewildered.
WHY?
I love that the entire country still sets aside one whole day to honor what I and others like me do ( I have never heard of writer day, executive day, or taxi driver day for that matter). I look at this day as a commentary on our country, we still honor women who choose to have children. I have heard women say they hear all these amazing stories of mothers and it makes them feel unequal. So, I have decided for me Mothers Day is going to be like a Mothering New Year.
It will from hence forth be the HAPPY MORNING of a new day !
A day where I can change things & make resolutions to be the kind of mother that talks in church are written about. I invite all of you Mothers reading to join me. Listen to the talks in church and instead of feeling unequal, decide what you can do, what you heard that maybe you can implement. I really believe if the whole country is going to celebrate us, the least we can do is give ourselves a break & a chance to be who we WANT to be.
With that I wish all of you a
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY
I am sure you are at least 10 times the mother you think you are

Happy Birthday! Happy Mother's Day! What a neat day for you to celebrate two wonderful things in one day. I love your idea of a Mother's New Year - no matter how good we are, we can always strive to do better and be like those inspiring mothers we hear about. Thank you for sharing your wonderful idea.
ReplyDeleteHappy Mother's Day and Birthday, you biker girl you.
ReplyDeleteYou are a great writer. I love reading your post. I used to have expectations for mother's day that always let me down. I thought for one day a year I get released from my mothering responsibilities. But since that just doesn't happen I've learned to think of mother's day as a day where I remember how lucky I am to be a mom. We really are lucky huh?