Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Just another beautiful day at the Everett 10th street Dock
We had a great picnic on the dock with some fun friends
then we saw some seals playing in the water around the docked boats
the kids played and jumped and laughed
the moms gabbed and talked and basked in the sun
When we were all ready for a beach experience we headed to the cars
Destination: a near by sandy beach
When we discovered
that only feet from where we were picnicing
in a crowded parking lot
my car had lured a criminal
who's intentions were malicious
My purse the object that forced this desperate act
should I have left it on the seat in clear view, of course not
should I have left my Ipod in it, of course no
but I did
and that is that
now here we are
credit cards cancelled, checks cancelled, drivers license needed, and window less
tomorrow the nice insurance people will do there best to ease my pain
for a small fee of course
and all will be almost as it was.....for me that is
but for the criminal I suppose this is not the first or last crime & with it will come consequences
so for us we will pay the deductible and move on
I guess in the long run I am better off
this is what I will tell myself when I wish I could have more play money
this is what I will tell myself while transferring my 4 car seats to a rental
this is what I will tell myself while standing in line at the DMV
this is what I will tell myself when I am looking for a purse that I love as much as my hand painted thrift store score
I guess in the end the damage to me is minimal in the end
the damage


I guess it makes me think of the scripture
"Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God"
Even though my car is worth a lot of $$
the worth of the person who did this is greater

5 comments:

  1. That is just heart-breaking, I am so sorry that happened to you. Best of luck getting it fixed, and thank you for being such a great example with a great perspective on the event.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do have a pretty good view on the whole situation- and it sounds like a pretty fun day other than that. I love that Seattle has many different things to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, that is so "poopie". But you have a wonderful attitude and that in the long run will get you many many more blessings than what you lost.

    We love you,
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh Sarah. That stinks. I hate that feeling of strangers having all your personal information, not to mention the headache that ensues with all the other things you have to do to take care of the situation.

    Great attitude though. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It amazes me how optimistic you are now matter what happens. I really truly admire that spirit. So sorry you had to learn that lesson the hard way...We all do it every once in a while. Good luck with getting it all straitened out.

    ReplyDelete