let's begin like this
Once upon a time there was a mother she had 4 children, 3 boyz and one girly girl. The thing about this Mother was that she LOVED her kids, I mean she really LOVED them so much so that most of her day was dedicated to keeping the environment around them SAFE. As the children where peculiarly active this task was at times challenging but this dear Mother tried her hardest & prayed even harder hoping that the gap between what she was able to do and what was needed would be made up by her faith.
One day this Mother, {bless her heart} felt as though she NEEDED a shower. As she stepped into the shower her girly girl asked if she could take one with her, { now I need to explain that normally this Mother would have smiled, taken a deep breath to silently mourn her alone time, and welcomed the little Lass. But on this particular morning this mother had had a RUFF week and she just needed a little break, I also think it is important to explain at this time that the Mr. to this Mother had taken the 2 eldest so the Mother was alone with the girly girl and the little boss}. The Mother continued to shower solo while talking with the little lady through the curtain. Within a moment of the little lass' last sentiments to her Mother, the mother heard crying...but the crying was coming from outside so the mother thought little of it..... UNTIL the big Army GUY from upstairs begun to POUND on her front door.......the Mother rushed to the door barley toweled where she was told
YOUR BABY JUST FELL OUT THE WINDOW
{15-20 feet}
gasp.wet.clothes stick.calling out the window.crying lass.mother yelling to daughter.mother sobbing.window opened.clothes on.out the door.daughter running.daughter jumping.mother hugging. neighbors warning keep her still. daughter longing for mothers arms. girly girl flat on grass. ambulance. EM T's. fire trucks. cell phones.dad and brothers home in shock.mother in shock.daughter doesn't want to go to the hospital.daughter doesn't want to stay still. mother & daughter ride in ambulance.doctors say girly is amazing.x-rays.CAT scans.little girl OK.nothing broken.nothing damaged.nothing bruised.not even a scratch.not even a bump.mother thanks GOD.mother & daughter giggle in the ER room.dad picks mother & daughter up.family thanks GOD.family recognizes the miracle.Family safe.Family together.mother recognizes power beyond her.mother is grateful. daughter is blessed.
then they all lived happily.......and the Mother was too tired to blog for a week ;-)
THE END

Oh Sarah, that is terrible. I am so glad she is alright.
ReplyDeleteI am SO glad that she is ok! How scary! Has your heart rate gone down yet?
ReplyDeleteOH Sarah Sarah Sarah!! Isn't the life of a Mother full of adventure and heart pounding adrenilan?!?! Your story made me smile, laugh, cry and squeezed my stomach,lungs and heart. I am sooooo glad she is okay!! No more quiet Mother showers by yourself unless you are home alone huh?!?! ;o) Love you!!
ReplyDeleteuh. that would do it.
ReplyDeleteI am so glad she was alright.
I used to get stressed about stuff like this but then I to learned that I had some help from a loving Heavenly Father and now the first thing I do is pray and then do what I need to do. It is amazing how calm life is now when things are very out of my hands. Not wonderful but much much better.
ReplyDeleteLOOK AT THAT BIG SMILE! That sounds like a nightmare, with a REALLY happy ending. Heaven forbid we mothers take a shower every so often. ;)
ReplyDeleteThat has got to be one of the scariest things ever! I'm so glad she's ok. How did that happen, do you know?
ReplyDeleteIt's odd that you have 3 boys and the princess is the one who fell out the window. ;)
Hey Sarah- I don't know if Angelo told you but I happened to call that day to talk to you and ended up talking to him for a minute. I am so glad everything turned out well. I'm sure you guys have seen miracles because of your great faith. I miss you guys so much!
ReplyDeleteI was almost crying right along with you as I imagined the terror of seeing your girl 15-20 feet below you. What a scary event, and I am SO glad she's alright. Your poor family has been through so much, and you deserve a break! Get a babysitter and go away with the Mr. for the weekend or something. =)
ReplyDelete