Tuesday, February 9, 2010

how to get over yourself….i wish i knew

IMG_0873i cannot be the only women to have ever been pregnant with twins..in fact i know that i am not ..in fact i know a few women who’ve been pregnant with twins & one who’s had triplets

none the less i feel V E R Y sorry for myself…why…i could give you the list…but i really shouldn’t …you know i can’t help feeling

OUCH

AWEFUL

MISSERABLE

NO GOOD

VERY BAD

yikes!  i am not this women

i am not the feel bad for myself

eat junk food..and nothing but

watch hours of TV….and let the kids watch hours as well

the problem with all this is

I AM SO BLEST

maybe this attitude would be a little less deplorable if i

hadn’t been showered with love almost every minute of my pregnancy…and life for that matter

or if

my mom, grandma, aunt, cousin, and two great friends hadn’t traveled all the way from Utah in order to whisk me away to DT Seattle for a 4 day 3 night stay in a hotel on the water complete with  TOO MANY gifts..TOO MUCH fun…TOO MANY laughs…& a ULTIMATE BABY SHOWER with my pacific north west crew at an Indian restaurant of all places (YUM)

or if

my loving husband hadn’t flown his mom in from her relaxed lifestyle on the beach in Costa Rica ( and she came)  to take care of the house…the shuttling to and from school..& the meals…..

WHO am i that i still feel like I'm soooo put upon ?

I am soon to be blest with 2 more precious children…AMAZING

I already have 4 amazing children

I WILL NOT be pregnant forever for heavens sake

what is my deal….honestly

maybe i can act like the person i am in the next few weeks so all the people who’ve continued to love me through this don’t get fed up with my

Attitude!

***note from the author***

the Twinkies are weighing in at 3lbs 8 oz & 3lbs 10 oz…respectable weights for 32 weeks gestation

the c-section is set for

March 26…we all hope to make it to that date (even if i feel like it’s killing me)in order to have two strong healthy babes who never see the inside of the NICU

they look good in the ultrasounds…squished for sure but really strong & good

8 comments:

  1. Impressive Sarah- like I said- one has been enough for me! The 26th is Dillon's birthday- good day to have babies! Hope you keep them that long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, I've got two thoughts for you. One, I still think you're probably the cutest pregnant woman I've ever seen, even with twins. I look at the picture of you and then at myself and think "Why can't I look like that?". Second, I blame everything on pregnancy hormones. I have felt so bad for my family during this pregnancy but I keep trying to remind myself that it won't last forever and hopefully they won't hold it against me when this is over. Remember that try as you might, you are not totally in control of your body and emotions right now. Be patient and try to remember things will be much different a few months from now as those hormones even out. I'll be praying those babies stay in there as long as possible so they'll be healthy. You are right, you are very blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously. Get over yourself. ;) hehe

    You look so cute with that giant belly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what it is. You are strong. You are independent. You are capable - more than capable, really. And you are very attentive to the needs of your husband and your family. So to have all of that taken away - your independence, your ability to take care of your family the way you have done - is hard. Watching someone else cook, clean, and do the things you are used to doing, is making you feel this way. You know you have a family who loves you, friends who love you, and a husband who adores you, so it's not being ungrateful. It's not being able to be the things you treasure the most for the next few weeks. Your number 1 job right now is to grow those babies, and to let Angelo's mom do the other things. She probably LOVES it since she doesn't get to see them very often! I admire you for a lot of things, but most of all your dedication to your family. Right now, it's the twins who need you the most. Love you1

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah, I am so glad to hear that the babies are doing well :) You 3 are in my prayers.

    It's something about those pregnancy hormones that make everyone feel so yucky.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I say enjoy the few more weeks of complete selfishness. you only get the excuse every so often(my guess after these 2 never again). you'll be back to your old self in no time:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Sarah, you look fantastic. And for what it's worth, you are totally normal. Those are all feelings any pregnant mother has, especially a mother of multiples. You're doing great. So sit back, relax, put your feet up. Your world is about to change dramatically. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are SO beautiful! I do not say this to lift your spirits, it is SO, SO true! All your feelings are how I feel when carrying ONE baby! I can't imagine TWO! I can't believe you are going to have twins!!!!!!!!! Well, you are almost a month away, take it easy and don't be too hard on yourself for struggling. I wish you were closer and I would dash RIGHT OVER to help in anyway I could!

    ReplyDelete