Monday, February 15, 2010

I was standing in the hall outside the relief society room, trying to
get some relief from the chairs inside said room when 1/3 of the
relief society presidency rushed past me, moment later she rushed back
with who else but my Mr. in tow... Odd indeed but since neither
desired my attention I wrote it off to some scouting thing( the Mr. is
curently somewhat of a scouting head honcho). A few minutes later my
Mr. came back around the corner this time clearly desiring my
attention with a look on his face I have seen before, immediatley my
eyes searched for the child I knew was lurking in his wake. Standing
wild eyed behind my handsomely suited spouse was none other than our
eldest...what Jax's never has trouble me thinks...hmm. So I broke away
from my hallway chat with ease seeing as how the second participant
was much more involved with the 7 month old at her hip than whatever
conversing we'd been involved in. The Mr. looked solemly into my eyes
and spoke " he's been asked to leave his class for inappropriate
comments and disruptive behavior" "yikes" I blurted. We took the boy
to the car opened it and asked him to get in and buckle his seat belt
then we closed the doors and the Mr. related the conversation that
took place with our firstborns primary teacher..."so they( Jaxson &
mates) were asked to draw a picture of their families.......and our
son asked if he could draw a picture of his families BUMS"...he barley
got the last word out with a straight face..and I...well I burst out
laughing ( so glad my face was turned from the boy in the car, so glad
this conversation was happening outside ) So, there it was..my son was
kicked out of primary & I was in charge of him while my man went to
get the others. I sat quietly waiting.. He was quiet as well, when in
comes the second.. Bright & cheery with valentines candy to share..."
why'd you leave your class early Jax's" "cause I don't wanna be in
class, I don't like it" the anger lined answer spit out of the first's
mouth(too embaressed to admit his mis step) and then Liam's incredible
response " Jaxson, Heavenly Father wants you to be in your class, it
is a priveledge to be able to go to church". Wow, I need to say
nothing my 5 year old put the words better than I could of ...so
Jaxson will write an apology to his teacher & class mates and I will
forever be impressed by Liams quick acting testimony...

Sent from my iPhone

5 comments:

  1. We must have boys the same age! I glad because then I remember not to freak out so much- my other thought is primary teachers need to slow down a bit! Thank Heavens for Liam- thanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the joys of having boys. It could have been worse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, I am not sure why the freak out. Little boys like to talk about BUMS, burps, spitting, all the stuff that comes out of bums. The teacher must not have boys. Sometimes you just have to laugh and enjoy them. What a wonderful opportunity for Liam to set an example and teach his brother.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so impressed. Liam most be an old soul.

    ReplyDelete