Monday, July 21, 2008

a new week has come






it has become a custom of the family Carvajal
to tell stories of how the family came to be




this week I will share some of the reminicings


sunday the kids asked why we were using a vase
as a water pitcher
so the story came out
when Angelo & I were first married we got the most beautiful glass pitcher for a wedding present
I LOVED IT
then a week into the new union my husband
BROKE IT
which was sad in its self---but the same week my love tried to do laundry and ruined my
FAVORITE Mohair sweater
which he tried to make up for that Christmas by buying me a sweater from
LANE BRYANT
----he just wouldn’t listen to the sales women who told him they didn’t carry size 2 in the store
----he said fine if they wont help me I can find something on my own
which he tried to justify by calling me his little fatty--which is an endearment in
COSTA RICA
Jaxson says: did MOMMY cry
Angelo replies: I think mommy cried the whole first year we were married



LOOKING back I just can’t help but
LAUGH OUT LOUD



I am definitely not the 19 year old bride I once was,



and that my love and I are both grateful for!







5 comments:

  1. That is so sweet, yet so sad at all the same time. :) Angelo trying so hard and just not getting it. Those are the kinds of stories that make you two such a loving and fantastic couple.

    If I may add...

    I remember clearly the Friday you sat on my dorm room bed and exclaimed "I'm NEVER getting married."

    Lo and behold, that next Sunday, you met Angelo. You two were made for each other!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so funny. Michael and I never really had those moments of adjustment to deal with. I'm glad I too am not the young bride anymore.

    I'm grateful for the growth we share with our spouses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so funny!! I love your story. It is sweet that he tried so hard, but hilarious at the same time.

    I remember that first year of marriage for me and Adam. It was a big adjustment period, but it's all worth it and it turned out great!

    You guys are an awesome couple.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to lock myself in the bathroom when I would get mad at Jeff because our first apartment was really really small. so mature.

    one of our biggest fights our first year started over frozen juice concentrate. I'll tell you about it sometime...

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's the greatest story! I cried a lot that first year too. Mostly because my husband's 3 brothers and 2 of their CLOSEST friends came to LIVE with us in our 2 bedroom apartment. HUH???

    ReplyDelete