Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas in our Home

On a day like today....
I wish to keep my home decorated for Christmas year round. The Christmas tree is lit, the children are giggling while playing with their treasures, the beautiful smell of pine wafts from the oil burner, the kitchen is full of homemade delectable(s), & Christmas music still plays. Yet maybe it isn't that I want to keep my home decorated...maybe I want to freeze this moment. My children are all still young & free from most outside influences. Could they really stay this way forever....please
Yet as I write this...I realize. We are celebrating Jesus Christs' birth and his plan for us. Which is a plan of happiness....a plan that includes facing adversity....a plan that through trials we can become as we were intended from the beginning.


Although I would love to freeze this moment, I realize the importance of the NEXT moment.
So....I will drink it in...I will appreciate this time I have...I am the only one who can let the outside invade my home & I will not let it !







No comments:

Post a Comment