we must travel back....a month
The kids were snoring in the back seat of the family SUV somewhere between Utah & Seattle
the Mr. & I chatting about how blessed we were
next I mentioned something that had been rolling through my mind for the last....um
YEAR
"Maybe I will make you a deal" says I
"What kinda' deal? " his reply
"if you give up SODA...I'll wake up with you every morning & while you shower I'll make breakfast"
{ the Mr. is a very early riser, which fits his profession..just not his night owl wife}
" You mean........ALL soda ?" he questions
" Well maybe to start with just the soda during the week & each day of the weekend you could have ONE " I respond
"OKAY ! I EXCEPT " with vigor in his voice but concern written across his brow
"ALRIGHTY.....it is a deal"
And Since DECEMBER 1st the
MR.
hasn't had soda any day of the week
even when
his co-workers taunt & tease
open soda cans in front of him
his friends
do likewise
and every time he has a moment of weakness he calls me
and I say sure
if you really want to trade our mornings together for CAFFEINE
I guess it's your decision
and he always chooses OUR MORNINGS
and that is because
for the last Month
I have been a pleasant morning person
don't believe me.....well some of you have seen me in the mornings and I am sure that it is hard to imagine me HAPPY in the Morning
Each morning I simply awake
put a smile...a apron.. & some beautiful music on
and
Voila
A self made morning person
do I still loathe the A. M.....yeah kinda
but I wouldn't trade what I am getting for even a few more seconds of shut eye
I love my husband, I love that he gave up soda to spend more time with me, I love that I gave up sleeping in to spend more time with my LOVE
Since this resolution began before the ball dropped...I am not worried that it will fade as the light from the New Year's Eve fireworks( as many of my past resolutions have). This is my New Years resolution to be a better version of myself...so simply early rising will not fill that bill....more resolutions...maybe...More Life Changes...CERTAINLY

I just go back to bed after he leaves. Do you get your morning started when he leaves?
ReplyDeleteWell Said!
ReplyDeleteCall me, the phone number I have for you is not working.
That is great! Being the exact opposite of a morning person, and not much of a soda drinker, I am saying wow! What a sacrifice! But glad that you are bonding more so happily!
ReplyDeleteHow lucky you are to have that time in the mornings.
ReplyDeletefranklinmrs01@yahoo.com - please please please email me! I have a now-late Christmas card that I want to send you!