
This year I found it harder than ever to keep the RUSE alive
you know the one I'm talking about.....right ?
Santa
St. Nick
Pere Noel
Kolyada
Father Christmas
when " the inquisitor" { Jaxson }
asked the question
my response was simple
Santa represents the great feeling of Christmas & giving
when that failed to do the job
We looked up Saint Nicholas on the Internet
and came up with
a list of the many wonderful things that great saint
did-- because he loved the Lord
I spoke to my children about the lessons that Jesus taught people while on this earth
the lessons that we should learn and know
the lessons that St. Nicholas took to heart
Next I bore my testimony to my little ones and I felt the spirit witness of it's truth.
the moment was fleeting
it is a lot of work to keep the spirit strong in a home full of very young children
i just hope that they have stored the lesson they learned that day
somewhere
As for the ruse......I am not sure that they understood completely what I was saying.
But when they are ready to understand..they will
and
they will know that I know what the true meaning of Christmas is
I love Christmas..I love the Lord...and I am grateful to live in a nation that still celebrates the birth of our Savior.
You are very wise to continue to bare your testimony to your children. What an example you are to us all. Your children probably won't remember your lessons, but they will remember the spirit. They will remember that you took every opportunity you could to teach them the gospel, and bear your testimony.
ReplyDeleteGarrett had that problem this year too! What are they teaching in kindergarten! Dillon has just believed. Your answer was better than mine. I said if you don't believe Santa is done coming and all of us want to believe so that we have that excitement and love still around.
ReplyDelete"The Inquisitor". Perfect. I think that is the way to go.
ReplyDelete