After General Conference the Mr. and I decided we could definitely do BETTER
in our TEMPLE attendance.
So we agreed that alternately every Thursday one of us would attend.
This is his week.
It is nothing new to me of course because
As most of you know he was working {full time} & attending BYU {full time } for the better part of 7 years and 4 children.
The thing is....it's been about a year since we choose for him to be away at night.
Yeah he's worked late here and there
BUT
Satan didn't work on me those nights--not really a surprise
This evening as I was placing dinner on the table, greeted with a fair amount of boo's and hiss's from our resident foodies { really they always love everything I cook...just when they are tired..you see...nothing sounds good when you are an over tired..1..3..4..or 6 year old} I realized I had been agitated since the morning...something about knowing I was in it for the long hall I guess. I felt the anger/resistance/tiredness/patience less and decided NOT to give in which you all probably KNOW is VERY VERY VERY difficult.
I GRINNED big and passed the tofu...to which they all grinned and scarfed down every single BITE.
Next baths, jams, books, prayers, & kisses.
After all the above were satisfied and I was cleaning the kitchen it struck me...i kinda missed being the only one..the one to kiss, pray, & read with each of my blessings...i don't do that very often any more Dad is always actively taking care of MOST of those little treasures....I really missed it..i did...funny how one decision can turn the night around..my lovies are asleep...my Prince has yet to return...and i am going to finish up my bread bags...
LIFE IS SWEET
{because i am a MOTHER}
and i almost forgot it

I almost love the nights Michael is not home until later. Momma time is so precious:)
ReplyDeleteSweet words - I love your gentle reminders of how lovely being a mother is. Do you think you will miss attending the temple together?
ReplyDeletewhat an example you are to me! I miss you guys so much. The last time we saw you was at Eliza's blessing over 2 years ago. too sad.
ReplyDelete