we started a new tradition in our family....it's called spring celebration or bunny day...this is when the "Easter Bunny" comes
this day happens the Saturday one week prior to EASTER
We explained to the kids that the Easter bunny comes for us a different time than it comes to others...it didn't seem to ruffle any ones feathers...the fact that candy was allotted 8 days in advance seemed to bode well for the little ones
{we did this because of THIS great book, which begins Palm Sunday and continues until Easter Sunday...we just want the bunny & the Resurrection to have separate days}
so the bunny came he left his treasures...just in time for General Conference...hooray for art supplies ( thanks Bunny aka Gramma) the kids had a great sugar high and on such created terrific art work!!
in between sessions we took a picnic to the lake beach
the boss and M had a grand ride around the lake
they may be getting the hang of riding together...now Liam has joined the bi--cycle riding world with the speed and accuracy necessary to forgo the trailing experience
the boss has found a seat, although I do feel a bit sorry for him I know it is safer for him to ride a la trailer I do sense he may miss the comfort and visual stimuli the back pack provided
with much appreciation we thank spring for joining us in our celebration of her



balls were kicked...wading was accomplished......welcome spring
THANKS FOR a BEAUTIFUL day in which TO celebrate YOU
What a great idea - having the Bunny come a week early. Do you know if they have that book for any other holiday? BTW - I've left a few other comments on other posts, and they haven't shown up. I'm not sure if there's a technical glitch again!
ReplyDeleteLook at Chaucer's cute little bowed legs! The Easter Bunny is coming Sat for us. We have to wait for Grandma and Naloni to arrive. We started our Easter activities today, I love that book.
ReplyDelete