Thursday, August 13, 2009

REALLY REALLY REALLY

i am indeed pregnant....with TWINS!
the quote beneath my profile reads
" I am living the life, I never knew, I've always wanted"
this is the truest thing I could ever say
....i didn't think i wanted alot of children when i was younger
...i didn't think i'd marry at 19
....these are the things that I now cherish the most, I cherish my marriage & I cherish the sacred gift of motherhood bestowed upon me.
so often i feel unequal and inadequate, so often i feel the hefty burden that is the bringing up of children, so often i feel the sting of a wrong decision, but i never feel as though I didn't want any of this I MUST HAVE WANTED IT ALL ALONG, I JUST DIDN'T KNOW!
During my ultrasound the Dr ( who was sitting in) & the tech were looking at the monitor...then they both looked up and asked "Was this a planned pregnancy".....i had to think a moment....the truth was we had not been trying to get pregnant, but the bigger truth is now that we were having a baby{s} we felt like we'd been trying all along, the biggest truth is WE WANTED THIS BABY! I tried to make my reply reflect the bigger truth......"well, we are really happy and excited"..they caught my drift and then said almost in unison "Well we are about to give you a bit of a surprise" then turned the monitor and there before me was the picture you saw yesterday 2 little itty bitty babies, WOW! I could tell you all the thoughts, reactions, & hopes that went through my mind but in an effort to weed through my emotional reactions I will just emphasize the most important reactions
One: I want these babies, and I never knew it
Two: I feel as though it will take alot of time on my knees to be the mother of 6
Three: I am humbled
Now if you will go with me back a couple of weeks i will try to relate how i came to be in the ultrasound room yesterday
I received an ultra sound a few weeks ago to confirm the most recent miscarriage....which it did
I still felt sick
I still felt tired
Angelo wanted to try
the thought of yet another miscarriage recked me
I felt sick
I felt tired
then i started eating out for all of our meals
napping during the day
then i started throwing up
so I took another pregnancy test
which was POSITIVE almost a blinking light seeming to say HELLO YOU ARE P R E G N A N T
i called the doctor thinking i had somehow i'd just gotten pregnant directly after my miscarriage so they sent me to the lab
this was Monday
my appointment was scheduled for Wednesday
Tuesday i got a phone call
" could you come in for an Ultrasound before your appointment , your HCG is very HIGH"
Wednesday more labs
the ultrasound revelation & here we sit
no miscarriage just a really odd cycle
and twins
the babies are due the beginning of April but I guess full term with twins is 36 weeks so that makes me due whenever they feel like it between March & April!
so here i sit, i've NEVER felt this sick NEVER NEVER EVER ( i kept telling the Mr., my mother, & *friend to which they responded you just don't remember) now we know I am sicker than ever before...i feel like when the woodpecker on loony toones rigs a big hammer to smash his opponent then the poor guy gets smashed like a pancake and THEN some gigantic spatula comes to peel him off the ground........that's kinda how i feel oh and also a bit like i've been fasting for the last week..and a bit like i've just come off one of those spinning carnival ride, you know all dizzy and such...but i am GRATEFUL for every spinning, body smashed, starved moment!
I really just need all the prayers I can get...I want these babies to grow & develop and be healthy
{ my mom wants all these things and them to be FEMALE}
{Angelo wants all these things and to find a vehicle that he like with a decent price that will fit us all}
{Jax's is excited to be the boss of them}
{Liam is excited to be the co-boss of them}
{Emme can't see the babies so she's frustrated}
{ and the poor boss doesn't even know what's coming for him}
Another Ultrasound in two weeks
that's all the twin news i have until then

11 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH!!!!!!! I am so excited for you! As I sit here now with goosebumps after reading that post! What an awesome, crazy story!
    Twins, twins, twins....what can I say. I was blessed with twin boys a couple years ago and my life has never been crazier, more exciting and wonderful all at the same time! I didn't find out I was having twins until I was 20 weeks along...that day I will never forget.
    So, buckle up girl for the ride of your life!
    Also, I understand the car thing...I always joke that I would have another baby if we had room (we have a van that seats 7).
    If you need any advice let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just so you know...I've been blog stalking you since I noticed a link to you on Emily's blog- which was quite some time ago! I couldn't resist commenting today. Congratulations! What a crazy/wonderful/unexpected story. So weird to think that you went through all of the grief only to find out that you are being doubley (is that a word?) blessed. I'm a bit jealous. Two of our pregnancy's have aroused suspicious of twins. I haven't given up hope yet! We will keep you in our prayers! Anna Marie Bean (and Rick too!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing, your story is amazing, your family is amazing, and those babies will be amazing too. What a neat story - those two little babies need to be in your family. I can't wait to "watch" it all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah! I have someone to do this with. I have to say I am eating a ton every couple hours with you and sleeping my life away. And yes, this baby is supposed to be here with us. How blessed we are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sarah! I am so happy for you!! I hope you guys stick around so I can help you a ton! You of all people are so capable of this! Can't wait to see you and give you a hug!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for letting us see into your thoughts for a few minutes. What a blessing for your family - and yes, we'll be praying for you and the babes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so so excited for you! And a bit jealous, that is so wonderful to be expecting AND expecting twins!!!

    You'll be great and we'll keep you in our prayers. Just remember that it is not the Lord who wants you to feel inadequate so don't let those thoughts get into your head.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is SOOOO exciting. You are such a fabulous woman. You know that after four kids you get a free ticket into heaven--you must be a saint! You will be in our thoughts and prayers. A family of eight....Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I knew this wouldn't be a secret for long! Thank goodness because everyone who doesn't know you that knows me knows you're having twins :0 Me and my big mouth. At least I can talk about it on Wednesdays with the leddies. Don't worry your little heart about it. If I (we) had one child we'd find a way to feel inadequate about giving our undivided attention and resources to him. It's all good :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Sarah, I am so thrilled for you! Congratulations! It's funny how you can feel so overwhelmed and yet so incredibly happy and grateful too. I will pray all goes well. When I was pregnant with Aidan, I was measuring really large right from the beginning and they thought it was twins and I was freaking out. I'm not sure I could have been calm if that had turned out to be true. You're amazing. I love reading your blog, you inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is Katie, Kari's sister. She mentioned you were expecting twins and I wanted to congratulate you. My twins are five now. I would suggest reading When You're Expecting Twins, Triplets, or Quads by Barbara Luke. It's a wonderful resource for your pregnancy. I also found a lot of wonderful support from Twinstuff.com. Hope you're feeling better, and if there's anything I can answer for you, please let me know! Kari has my email address. Congratulations again!



    http://www.amazon.com/Youre-Expecting-Twins-Triplets-Quads/dp/0060957239

    ReplyDelete