Thursday, September 10, 2009

Our Twinkies

I got to see the little ones today……yes again!

This was my first High Risk Doctor appointment with these babes and man did it take along time!  I think I was SEEING the Dr. for about 2 hours…not waiting actually talking to her. The nurse told me to get used to it….I was going to be there a lot ! 

the good news:  I don’t have to go back for 4 weeks

the great news:  I got to see the little babies MOVING & HEAR cute little heartbeats..each baby had a heart rate of 176…the tech told me this may be last time we hear matching heart tones

 

P1080428

Baby A:  Moving like CRAZY…..flip……spin…..roll

P1080429 Baby B:  Calmly waving…a little bounce here and there

I have been reading like crazy about all things MULTIPLE…I am still a bit shocked that we are actually having twins!  

Recent Conversations of NOTE:

Me {before ultrasound}:  So, I’ve read a bit about vanishing twin syndrome….  Is there a time when it is less likely & how would I know if something like that were to occur?

Dr.:  Well I can’t be sure until the ultrasound, but the size of your belly makes me think we are not dealing with a vanishing twin.

Dr. {post ultrasound}:  Once we’ve seen the babies moving & we know that they are attached we can be almost 100% sure that we are not going to have a vanishing twin.

*************************

A Sister in my ward:   Sarah you are definitely looking PREGNANT

Me:  Yes, it’s kind of crazy!

The Sister:  You kind of remind me of one of those Jiffy Pop things….one Sunday you were totally flat the next…..hello babies!

LOL

***************************

I guess the moral of the story is I’m still having twins……and I LOOK like I’m having twins……and I really need to get some maternity pants, like YESTERDAY!

this is probably the last TWINKIE news for a while……until then here’s hoping they continue to grow like crazy& along with ‘em my belly!!!!

1 comment:

  1. That is so exciting!! I cannot believe you're having twins, it's so awesome! They look so cute, just like real little babies now not just beans. You should put a counter on your blog because I can never remember how far along you are and when these babies are expected to make their debut.

    ReplyDelete