Monday, November 30, 2009

Funny Monday

october312009 088

I have been kind of down lately

I’m really nervous about the twins

I’ve been missing family & friends

one day when the Mr. arrive home I was explaining to him how I’d said something that I didn't really mean to a lady in our new ward..something to the affect that this pregnancy seems kind of like a trial…

“I really don’t feel that way, I’m just tired and nervous about being a good Mom to all of them you know” I explained to my spouse

his response

“ it is a trial…they all are…in fact they should really change that song to…..”

“I am a trial from God”

Well this had it’s intended affect

I couldn’t stop giggling as he continued singing with vigor

thank you Mr. Carvajal

a little comic relief goes along way

your turn

your turn

your turn

11 comments:

  1. I accidentally washed the cat yesterday. She was in our front load washing machine and I didn't see her when I stuffed the clothes in. Luckily I heard her a couple of minutes later before any spinning had begun.

    We should plan a get-together. My kids would love to see your kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, somehow you make mothering seem so easy. I always shake my head and wonder how you do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so sweet! You will be a kind, attentive, strong, patient, loving mom to those twins. I cannot think of anyone more deserving than you to have such a large family. Yes, it will be a struggle, but you will be successful.

    My turn? James has a cold - the kind where he has double barrels of snot coming out his nose. I came in the living room yesterday afternoon just in time to see Sariah swipe his boogers, put them in her mouth, and proudly say, "MMMM! James' boogers taste like chocolate cookies!" Man...what kind of chocolate cookies am I making??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boy! I love it! :)

    You are an amaaaazing mother, and you are going to be just that with these two as well. I can only imagine your nervousness though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice husband! I am doing that too! This morning I told Lonny it wasn't worth it! The excitement is over- I knelt down and asked for help.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my, oh my, oh my! Jason and I had a LONG drive home yesterday. As we were driving we were talking (in between Whitney's crying sessions)and who did we talk about??? Angelo. We both agreed that he is a very friendly, funny, smart, agreeable, faithful guy.

    And, by the way, you are a perfect match for him :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL, that really is funny.

    Don't feel bad, I'm sure it is nerve racking being pregnant with twins, but you'll do great. And you're right, this life is a trial, but just keep your head up. You're a great mom already so you'll be even better with more. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is clever and so funny! Good one.

    I can relate to feeling down when pregnant (although I've never had a double dose of fetus affecting my moods). I can also relate to the ache of missing family who is far away. Wish I had something funny to say, but all I can think to say is "tomorrow will be better". (Read Kevin Henkes books. They're awesome.)

    Rebecca Larson

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is hilarious and he is SOOOOO right!
    I am not going to lie...having twins is the hardest thing I have EVER done. There were days I cried and asked Heavenly Father how He ever thought me capable of such a task.
    BUT you make it through. One day at a time, sometimes one hour at a time. Sounds like you have a loving and supportive husband and that will be a tremendous help.
    And as far as being a good mother to ALL of them...I hear ya! I lie in bed every night doing a checklist in my head of time I spent with each child individually.
    These children (yours and mine) are so blessed to have parents that worry about these things...that makes you a good mother already. How wonderful for them to grow up with so many siblings around them. There will never ever ever be a dull moment. That is so exciting.
    Also, no fighting over who gets to hold the baby...plenty of babies to go around:)

    ReplyDelete