Monday, March 22, 2010

and then there were six….

March 2010-twins 430
Date: March 22th
with a c-section scheduled for March 26th, my mother & best friend scheduled to land at SEA-TAC March 25th, plans to shop IKEA & Dine Seattle March 25th
march222010 012
i entered my doctors office with Emeline in tow…i coaxed the young one to my appointment with the promise of a mani/pedi post appointment
as we sat down in the waiting room…BAM contraction…then Brandy called and as she was talking to me…BAM contraction…and I felt like i was in “that zone” if you’ve been in labor before you’ll know what i’m talking about…thing just felt MORE SERIOUS than my usual constantly contracting bulge…
“sarah, time for your NST {non-stress test}…i’d been participating in these semi-comfortable baby treasure hunts {the treasure being both babies heart beats for a duration much too long for even one baby to sit still through}twice a week for the last month…the NST is also supposed to track your contractions… 
…set up..BAM contraction…that one HURT…looking at my NST the tec said it looked more like an irritable uterus than actual labor…and she said that she LOVED Emeline {this becomes a theme with hospital/nursing staff}…BAM contraction…
…off to see the Doctor…Dr. checks me…5cm 90%…”I just really don’t feel comfortable..BAM contraction…sending you home this dilated, we’d really rather you deliver at the hospital”…”so when did you eat last?”…”around 12”..”hmm well we are going to have to wait until 8pm to section you, but I want you to go down to Labor and delivery and have them watch you until it’s time”…
i have my daughter with me….i’m contracting…i’m having babies tonight…ahhh…..i’m not allowed to leave the hospital….
BAM contraction…walking down to L&D…the Mr. on the telephone…”can’t you just take Emeline home, then go back to the hospital?”
EVERYBODY LISTEN…I AM IN LABOR !!!!!
gowned & monitored in triage…she checks me not more than 15min since the Dr. had checked me…6cm nearly 100%…nurse realizes FINALLY somebody realizes…”YOUR IN LABOR !”….I KNOW…the Mr. arrives and is informed we won’t be waiting until 8pm…it’s 5pm and i’m about to DELIVER…he takes off with the little princess with the promise that he will be right back…
i get a room…BAM….then an IV…then a chat with a deep voiced & rather dry humored anesthesiologist {whom i like he kind of reminds me of my dad & that’s comforting}…BAM…then my cervix is almost 7 100%…the Mr. walks in the door…BAM BAM BAM…antibiotics…BAM…Dr. calls “ meet me in the OR”…
Mr. dressed like a hazards waste worker
march222010 024

…hair bonnet & oxygen mask for me
march222010 025
pre op pause…cool
6:12pm
Parley George
march222010 032
6:13 pm
Veda Rose
march222010 029
….i’m closed up…my first birth without my mom…my first c-section…my first set of TWINS…my last pregnancy…and it was
BEAUTIFUL
they are beautiful
march222010 038
Tandem nursing from the beginning…the babies have ZERO problems…
BLEST
March 2010-twins 001

and then there were SIX
March 2010-twins 188
family.complete.
{completely blest}

11 comments:

  1. Sarah,

    Hi, I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Kathy and I'm married to your cousin James. I hope you don't mind me looking up your blog. I had heard you had just had twins.

    Your family is SO BEAUTIFUL!! You sound like the sweetest Mom with the sweetest family. I LOVE your newest family picture--it is so precious.

    Congratulations on your newest and sweet additions!

    James, Kathy & Family :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are blessed. You are amazing. You have 6 children! I am in awe (always have been). Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE THE PICS!!! I'm so glad you are doing so great- you are a rock star! Can't wait to visit. XOOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. More like "than there were eight." love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are adorable! Congratulations! Hope you guys are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very beautiful babies and family. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos and great description. You are such a talented writer. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. And then there were EIGHT. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats! Wow you are amazing!Looks like you are all doing well and everyone is so beautiful. yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have only given birth to SIX ladies ;o)

    ReplyDelete