I take the Seattle Times paper
and I was excited to see a special Times edition magazine in the paper this week on
how to be "GREEN"
I am trying to be a conscious of my decisions and how they effect the earth.
That said
I was horrified by the 3rd of 10 suggestions
3. USE CONDOMS
I read on to find out that they were actually suggesting that having children was not eco-friendly because of the amount of pollution those children will put out in their life time.
This idea to me is WAY beyond !
I still believe as our prophets have counseled in the
Proclamation to the World
that God's commandment to multiply and replenish the Earth is still in force today.
I am so sad to see the world becoming a place where living together & premartial sex is normal and marriage and procreation is odd or non eco-friendly.
I know that God is mindful of us
I also know that we are blessed when we obey the Lord's commandments both from the scriptures and from our Prophets.
I have been apologetic in the past about the number of children I have, I will not apologize any longer. I know that my children are supposed to be here with me in my family. I know that God has commanded us to have children, I know I have been blest through our obedience to this command. I also know that our living Prophet Thomas S. Monson is truly the prophet of our times. He has been called for this time to help all those who will listen.
I needed to bear testimony of these things, because
I KNOW
amen, sister.
ReplyDeletethat's pretty disturbing. and shocking. and disappointing.
Amen... the author of that article has a lot to learn,
ReplyDeleteAre you kidding me?! That is ridiculous and completely wrong in my opinion too. I agree with you 100%.
ReplyDelete