Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Sleepless in Seattle



okay I have had a few babies


but I will readily admit


I am not an expert


especially where teething in involved


The BOSS


is Sleepless


which as you may have inferred


means I am as well


We...the two of us are resenting


our state of "unrest"


if you have any magical ideas


please share




Teething tablets are OUT


a recent discovery showed caffeine to be an ingredient


so we have been using some baby orajel


the prob seems to be that it needs re-application throughout the night and into the wee hours of the AM




so this is my shout out


please if you have any hints to prevent our sleeplessness here in Seattle


feel free to post any and all ideas in the comment section




sorry this is not so romantic as the cinema version


what can I say


This is how Glamorous my life is


don't be to envious


really

4 comments:

  1. Oh I am so sorry! Sariah's cutting molars right now, so I feel your pain...literally. Caffeine in teething tablets? Even Highlands? Yikes...I'd love to read that study because that's what I give Sariah! They always worked like a charm and never kept her up so I'm going to be so sad. I'm sure there's nothing I know that you don't...cold teething rings, frozen melon in the teething thing he's eating in the picture already, etc. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My only idea is pretty lame. I would give my kids some infant Motrin before bed and if they wake at night I would often just let them cry until they went back to sleep. Sometimes they keep crying and then I would get up with them, give them more meds, feed them and then back to sleep. I feel for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. when petra was teething someone gave me those tablet things and I just happened to read the ingredients. I couldn't believe they put caffeine in there. luckily I caught it before I gave her any.

    I don't think there is much more you can do other than orajel or other medicine you feel comfortable with, and lots oh love.

    that's lame, but all I know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my kids never had a problem- doesn't look like we have any ideas! You might have your mom ask my dad's wife Carla what herbal people use!

    ReplyDelete