Monday, September 29, 2008

did I every tell you about the day grandma & grandpa met
Well
Grandma had been thinking about going to a singles dance ( over 30's)
and she really didn't want to
Grandpa had been going to every singles dance available for......let's just say MANY years
Grandma was finally convinced one Saturday.....because I was away and she was bored I think
Grandma put on her most colorful silk outfit & headed to the dance
Grandpa says when he saw her everyone faded to black & white
and she was in
TECHNICOLOR
the rest is history
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY
to
the couple who I am inspired to emulate



3 comments:

  1. That was an exciting time in our lives! Congrats, also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks sarah for the wonderful tribute. it is certainly a day to remember. i remember thinking i was like a high schooler. wondering if he would call. obsessing about him and what if and just about writing my name with his last name like in jr. high. but the best memory of all being in the slc temple 18 years ago with this remarkable man who dotes on me and can't ever seem to do enough for me and talks as tender to me now as when we met. in 18 years never a harsh word or raised voice. this is LIVING! mom

    ReplyDelete